Thursday, January 13, 2011

J-music anonymous: Bahashishi


Let me just start by saying OH MY F*CKING GOD HOW DID I NOT FIND THIS GROUP BEFORE?!?!?!?!?

Bahashishi is a very unique "pop" group (I don't think I'd call them pop, but whateva) under Victor Entertainment that has been out and doing it since 2006. If you need a break from idol music (I know I do sometimes), this group is a great vacation.

This is another group I would consider to be "hipster-friendly." They have a gorgeous instrumental sound, and their vocalist sounds like a glorious combination of Norah Jones and Amano Tsukiko. I spotted their latest single video on my YouTube subscriptions today, and I was not disappointed in the least.

Their latest single, "Koe wo kikasete" ("Let me hear your voice"), whose PV was shot in a kind of documentary style, is part of their newest album, "Luminescence," set to drop on 1/19. And you should buy it in some form. Seriously.

"Koe wo Kikasete"


And here's an earlier single of theirs I really dig, "Kiseki."

No comments: