Sunday, August 21, 2011

30-day idol challenge: Day 18

Catching up again.

Day 18: Favorite Idol concert?

Morning Musume Concert Tour 2003 Haru "Non Stop!"

AND:

Berryz Kobo & C-ute Nakayoshi Battle Concert Tour 2008 Haru ~Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger~

We have a tie, folks! I wish I'd watched some non-H!P concerts until now so I could give a more round opinion, but I'll get around to that eventually. (learning to navigate the idol world and all its internet videos is hard, yo.) I don't think the AKB48 Karaoke competition counts as a concert, as fun as it was.

Anyway, though I wasn't a H!P fan until late 2008, I wanted to learn more about older members, so I have watched just about every concert I could get my hands on. I wish I was a H!P fan back in 2003 when Haru NON STOP! was happening, because I really love Yasuda Kei, and I wish I could have felt the full range of emotions other fans did at her graduation, as well as with the introduction of the Rokkies and Miki. This concert was great fun, and I wish the current Momosu would freshen up and do more stuff like this. I also would love to hear Mizuki, Reina and Gaki perform Venus Mousse. I love that song, and it's really a throwback to what Tsunku is capable of.

Berryz Kamen vs. Cutie Ranger was the first concert I ever watched, when I was still trying to memorize all the girls' names and faces. It was also when I came to love Umeda Erika, and god I still miss that girl dearly. That concert was so much fun, and they looked so at home performing at that arena.

Day 18: Favorite C-ute member?

Another case of having already featured my #1, so now, it is...

Nakajima Saki

I honestly flip-flop a lot on the subject of whether she or Airi is my #1, so I can honestly say they're tied. Nakky is a sweetheart, and she's a lot of fun. She can be very mature or very giggly, and they both work for her. Her sunny disposition and playful smile never fail to make me smile too, especially when watching C-ute's Alo Hello DVD. She's also gorgeous (herp derp) and a fantastic dancer.

No comments: