Saturday, September 17, 2011

My top 20 favorite H!P songs of all time


I am so bad at picking favorites, especially when it comes to music.  But since becoming a fan almost three years ago next month (!!), I've been able to learn a lot about Hello! Project and its awesomeness, past and present.  I'm really bummed that I missed the early years of Hello! Project, because it is full of some amazing songs and people, but I was really, really busy during my high school years, and YouTube didn't exist until about a year-ish after I entered college (holy crap, I'm old :P ), so no dice there.

But, I like lists.  I like reading other people's lists.  So here's a list!

My top 20 favorite H!P songs of all time + super video spam

#20: "Everyday Everywhere"--Taiyou to Ciscomoon

Yea, I got into this song after seeing Ai and Reina do it.  But they did it very, very well, and the song is beautiful.



#19: "Suki Sugite Baka Mitai"--DEF. DIVA

Everyone has this on a "top" list!  But it's totally 80s-fab, so why shouldn't you?! *sparkle*



#17: "Asu wa Date na no ni, Ima Sugu Koe ga Kikitai"--S/mileage

And the longest single title goes to...!  This is, and probably always will be, my favorite S/mileage song ever.  I wasn't fond of it at first, but the different-ness got to me.  It's cute, but not overly so, it has a really nice, calm vibe to it, and the PV is freaking great.  I hope S/mileage will do something similar to this song in the future.



#16: "PARTY TIME"--Guardians 4

Guardians 4 was a confusing group.  They didn't really have a good reason for existing--the music for the Shugo Chara anime was totally covered by Buono! and Shugo Chara Egg, I thought. But they did put out a couple of good songs, and PARTY TIME had me hooked from the first time I heard it.  And the dance is really fun to learn, too.



#15: "Semi"--Berryz Kobo

I'm a sucker for good ballads, and this is definitely one of H!P's better ones.



#14: "Thanks!"--GAM

Oh the legs.  Oooooooh the legs.



#13: "Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteruu YOU KNOW!"--Berryz Kobo

One of the most danceable songs in H!P history, I think.  Berryz' older singles were so amazing.




#12: "Mr. Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~"--Morning Musume

This is a song I didn't want to  listen to when I was first getting into MM, but when I finally gave it a chance, I loved it. Yossie's lovely boyishness won me over in the end. It's so wonderfully theatrical.



#11: "BABY! Koi ni KNOCK OUT!"--Pucchimoni

The PV makes ZERO sense, but this is a powerful concert song.



#10: "Osaka Koi no Uta"--Morning Musume

So much the sexy.  And it's a great song to listen to while angry.



#9: "Last Kiss"--Tanpopo

A classic.  So pretty.  And anyone ever notice how alike Ishiguro Aya and Iida look?  Holy crap, yo.



#8: "Akogare MY STAR"--C-ute

My favorite song off of C-ute's second best album :P



#7: "City Wind"--Goto Maki

This is a song a lot of people probably forgot about, but it is the sexiest song Goto ever released under UFA, in my opinion.  Better, even, than SOME BOYS! Touch.  This is off her amazing "How to use SEXY" album.  Miyabi needs to sing this for me ASAP.



#6: "Dakishimete Dakishimete"--Berryz Kobo

I'm a sucker for club-y techno-sounding songs.  This is some of the best choreography Berryz has ever done, and the song is crack.



#5: "Genki+"--Morning Musume

Another staple on many people's top lists.  I sing this song in the car with the windows down, and people in my quiet little redneck mountain town look at me like I have a third nipple.



#4: "Goal"--Buono!

There is nothing about this song I don't love.  The instrumental is truly amazing, the lyrics never fail to keep things in perspective, and the vocals are always great live.




#3: "Megami ~Mousse na Yasashisa~"--Morning Musume Venus Mousse

Ah, the Glico song....it's goregous, and I would love to see it performed in concert again, as long as the right girls are picked (I'm thinking Manoeri or Fukuda Kanon, Sayu, Miyabi and Risa would be a great performance combo).



#2: "Urahara"--Buono!

*drool*  The chord progression gives me much happy time.  This song is perfection. (However, the concert this video comes from was so far from perfection....ugh, let's just forget Rock'n Buono 3 ever happened.  Yes, I'm THAT picky.)



#1: "Sakura Mankai"--Morning Musume Sakuragumi

One of the first Morning Musume songs I heard, and it will always be my favorite.  It's so wonderfully traditional and gorgeous.





HONORABLE MENTIONS:


-Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai--Berryz Kobo
-Uwaki na Honey Pie--Country Musume
-Omae no Namida wo Ore ni Kure--Maeda Yuki
-Everyday Zekkouchou--C-ute
-Heroine ni Narou ka--Berryz Kobo
-Jiriri Kiteru--Berryz Kobo
-Do it! Now--MM
-One's LIFE--C-ute
-Inshouha Renoir no you ni--Elegies
-Some BOYS! Touch--Goto Maki
-Love like Crazy--Nochiura Natsumi
-Narihajimeta Koi no BELL--Ongaku Gatas
-Champagne no Koi--Melon Kinenbi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm al parecer coincidimos en la mayoria a mi tambien me gustan las canciones mas tranquilas, de esas que hacen que me relaje donde puedo apreciar claramente sus voces, de esas canciones que yo les llamo canciones casi desnudas Me like!!!

Mi correo chele.anime@hotmail.es