Thursday, September 29, 2011

Welcome 10ki members!


The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here!  With the addition of four new members, Morning Musume is now a 12-nin group! (Minus Ai-chan,who leaves us today.)

From left to right, we have:


KUDOU HARUKA, 11, SAITAMA

I mentioned at the beginning of the finals that I wasn't a huge Haruka fan. I thought she had some great skills, but I wasn't immediately sold mostly because she was an Egg (which is why she was so popular in the first place, and you know it).  There were so many other talented girls that weren't Eggs, and I was hoping to see more of them instead of Haruka.  But she's starting to grow on me.  She is a very well-spoken young lady, and she has loads of talent and spunk.  I'm happy for her, and I know she'll be a great Musume.

And congratulations also to Haruka for breaking the youngest member to join Morning Musume record, which was held by Kago Ai for 11 years!

SATOU MASAKI, 12, HOKKAIDO

Masaki was the closest to a favorite I had in this audition, so naturally, I'm thrilled she made it!  I can't wait to see how she grows as a performer, especially with that cute little voice of hers.  That and Hokkaido is one of the regions people haven't seen a super huge lot of girls come from in H!P (yeah yeah, except for the famous ones, I know :P).

ISHIDA AYUMI, 14, MIYAGI

(Oh god, that is not a very flattering photo of her.) Ayumi is ace material as far as her dancing and looks are concerned.  I'm so excited to see how this seasoned pro fits in to the mix.  Somehow, I see her and Masaki becoming buddies.  Oh, that would be cool :P  Honestly, I wouldn't have minded seeing someone less experienced get in instead of her, but I really like her, so I'm really not all that sad about it.  I think she'll be the first Jyuukie in my uchiwa collection :D


IIKUBO HARUNA, 16, TOKYO

Yaaaaay!  Oh Haruna y u so lovely?!?!!  I'm still more than a little worried about her health, but I said before that I'd be thrilled if she made it, and I am indeed stoked.  I see a future sexy goddess in Haruna.  Someone's gotta replace Sayu when she peaces out, after all.



In my perfect world, I would have loved to see two more new members, namely Hinako and Fuuka, but since this audition group was so fantastic, it's hard for me to be sad about any combination of members.

On a less fun note, I decided after I got home from work this morning that I would find a non-forum source to find out who the new members were, and I'm glad I did, because a lot of other people are not so happy and in a trolly mood.  It's days like this that remind me why I avoid forums in the first place.  While they are a great, er, forum, to share opinions and have discussions in theory, my experience has shown me that John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory is always true (with varying degrees of fuckwaddery, shitcockery and Asperger's).

I've become really hesitant to participate in any forum discussions because they're not discussions.  They're virtual whip-out contests.  The internet makes impulsive, selfish know-it-alls of us all (yes, myself included), and I don't want to make an ass of myself or anyone else by participating.  My philosophy on forum discussions when it comes to auditions is "Be happy for the girls and get over yourself....well, okay you can lament a little, but only a little!"

So, in any case, welcome, tenth generation.  Ganbatte kudasai!  :D

No comments: