Thursday, January 31, 2013

For Mii-chan



Dearest Mii-chan,

They told you that you broke the rules.  There are hundreds upon hundreds of men and finger-wagging mothers who are now making it clear you that you broke the rules.  You yourself feel that you broke the rules so thoroughly that you stripped your outside bare, if only to match your pain inside.

You feel broken.  You feel like you betrayed them.  And that is EXACTLY what they wanted.

You have suffered enough.  You, and Sasshi, and Tomo, and Sayaka, and Yuttan, and so many others before you, have suffered enough.



I am sorry that you are forced to live behind a mask.

I am sorry that you are marketed as a wife for so many who do not truly appreciate who you are.

I am sorry that you are treated like property.

I am sorry that you have no rights.

I am sorry that your existence is treated like a plaything.

I am sorry that it is okay for people to say they support you and then turn around and burn your photos to thunderous applause.

I am sorry that you have been made a slave.



Your life, your spirit, your beauty, your body, your vision, your truth, is worth so much more than the venom of fake fans.

One of my favorite singers here in the states, India.Arie, sang something beautiful:

You are not your hair,
You are not this skin,
You are not their expectations,
You are not your hair,
You are not this skin,
You are a soul that lives within.



3 comments:

isilwentari said...

Yes!!! Exactly!!!! Thank you. The image of her shaved head just...wow.

AKB Sounds Good said...

Thanks for your lovely post.

カヤ (Kaya) said...

This post is perfect.

It's so true.

God I feel so awful for her.

Stay Strong Miichan! <3